Leek and potato soup
2 large leeks
1 liter water
2 chicken bouillion cubes
100 ml of cooking crème or crème fraiche
Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the root off the leeks, and make a cut lengthwise through about 2/3 of each leek.
- Rinse the leek and by having the cut it helps you to easier rinse out all the sand and dirt
- Slice leeks thinly. Put aside about 2 tablespoons of the light green slices of leeks to use as garnish.
- Peel potatoes and cut into small pieces
- Bring water to a boil and dissolve bouillon cubes in the boiling water.
- Add potatoes and leeks.
- Bring back to boil, and reduce heat to simmer.
- Under lid simmer soup for 15 minutes.
- Take the sauce pan off the heat and add cooking crème.
- Mix soup smooth in a blender or with an immersion mixer.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Pour soup into bowls and garnish with the light green thinly slices of leeks.
- Serve with some fresh bread or crisp bread with cheese
Enjoy your meal!