Pasta with beef, gorgonzola and walnuts
Tagliatelle, fettuccine, linguini or other preferred pasta for 4 servings
300 grams of beef tenderloin
200 grams of gorgonzola piccante
250 mL of cooking cream
50 grams of walnuts
1 Tbsp of vegetable oil/ soft or liquid margarine
3-4 strings of fresh thyme
- In a saucepan heat up the cream on medium-heat
- Lower temperature to low-heat and add 3/4 of the cheese.
- Slowly let the cheese melt in the hot cream. Stir occasionally.
- Slice the meat to 5 mm thick slices. If slices are long you can cut them in half
- Heat up a frying pan and heat up the oil/margarine
- Add meat and brown on all sides for about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer meat to the gorgonzola sauce
- Season with fresh ground pepper
- Boil pasta according to package
- When done, rinse and transfer to a large serving bowl
- Pour sauce on top and mix carefully
- Sprinkle over chopped walnuts
- Crumble over the last ¼ of the gorgonzola and top with the leaves from fresh thyme
- Serve with mixed greens
Tip: You can also use chicken instead of beef. Or omit the meat for a lacto-vegetarian dish.