Tabbouleh with lamb sausage Merguez
8 lamb sausages Merguez
200 mL of bulgur
2 big bunches of flat leave parsley (Italian Parsley)
1 bunch of fresh mint
4 medium tomatoes
1/2 seedless cucumber (English/European cucumber)
5 scallions (spring onions, green onions)
Juice from one lemon
50 mL of Extra Virgin Olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
A pinch of finely ground pepper
- Cook the bulgur according to the package.
- Let the bulgur cool down.
- Remove stems from parsley and mint.
- Finely chop parsley and mint.
- Divide the tomatoes in 2 and scrape out and discard the seeds.
- Finely chop tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Slice the scallions finely.
- Mix cold bulgur, parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumbers and scallions.
- In a separate bowl mix oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over bulgur salad, mix and let stand for about 1 hour before serving.
- Heat up oil or margarine in a skillet.
- Fry the sausages on medium heat until done. Or grill the sausages outside on a grill.
You can also serve Tabbouleh to grilled chicken or grilled meat. Tabbouleh fits very well on a buffet.