1 celeriac bulb (about 600-800 gram)
1 liter water
2 cloves of garlic
2 chicken bouillon cubes
200 mL white wine
100 ml of cooking cream or crème fraiche
Salt & pepper to taste
Dashes of hot sauce such as Tabasco
- Peel potatoes and celeriac and cut into pieces, about 20×20 mm
- Cut the root off the leek, and make a cut lengthwise through about 2/3 of the leek.
- Rinse the leek, the cut will help you to easier get out all the sand and dirt
- Slice leek, about 20 mm thick slices
- Mince garlic
- Bring water to a boil and dissolve bouillon cubes in the boiling water.
- Add potatoes, celeriac, leeks, garlic and white wine
- Bring back to boil, and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer soup under lid for 20 minutes until potatoes and celeriac pieces are soft
- Take the sauce pan off the heat and add cooking cream or crème fraiche
- Mix soup smooth with hand mixer.
- Season with salt and pepper and dash of hot sauce to taste.
- Pour soup into bowls and garnish with some finely chopped parsley.
- Serve with garlic or parmesan bread/crostinis
Tip: To make this a vegetarian soup use vegetable bouillon instead of chicken bouillon.