Carrot- and potato soup
4 white potatoes
2 white carrots
2 stalks of celery
1 liter water
2 chicken bouillon cubes
100 ml of cooking cream or crème fraiche
Pinch of ground nutmeg
Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the root off the leek. Cut it lengthwise through about half.
- Rinse the leek, the cut will make it easier to rinse out all the sand and dirt
- Slice leek about 2 cm (1 in) pieces, discard the dark green upper part.
- Peel potatoes and carrots.
- Cut carrots, potatoes and celery into pieces, about 2 x 2 cm (1×1 inch)
- Bring water to a boil and dissolve bouillon cubes in the boiling water.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery and leeks.
- Bring back to boil, and reduce heat to simmer.
- Under lid simmer soup for 15 minutes.
- Take the sauce pan off heat and add cooking cream.
- Mix soup smooth with an immersion mixer.
- Season with salt and pepper and a pinch of ground nutmeg
Pour soup into bowls and sprinkle some nutmeg on top of each bowl.
Serve with some tasty bread!