Butternut Squash Soup
1 butternut squash (about 1-1.5 kilo)
1 yellow onion
1 pinch red chili flakes
2 cloves of garlic
800 mL water
100 mL cooking cream or crème fraiche
1 pinch ground nutmeg
2 cubes vegetable bouillon
Salt & pepper to taste
Fresh oregano and marjoram
- Cut butternut squash in pieces and with a knife cut of the hard skin.
- Discard all seeds and the threads in the middle.
- Cut the butternut squash into smaller pieces, about 20×20 mm.
- Peel and chop onion finely
- Bring water to boil in a large sauce pan and dissolve the vegetable bouillon cubes.
- Add butternut squash, onion, chili flakes and crushed garlic.
- Bring back to boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer soup under lid for 40 minutes until butternut squash pieces are soft
- Take the sauce pan off the heat.
- Mix soup smooth with an immersion mixer.
- Stir in cooking cream or crème fraiche
- Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh leaves of oregano and marjoram.
- Serve with fresh bread or make garlic bread.
Enjoy your meal!