Pork tenderloin with Caramelized Apples
600 grams of pork tenderloin
600 gram of small red potatoes
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 +1 tablespoons of soft or liquid margarine or vegetable oil
150 grams of bacon
1 small yellow onion
Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees C (430F)
- Wash and brush potatoes free from dirt
- Cut the potatoes into halves
- Add them to a roasting pan. Pour olive oil over and mix to cover all sides of potatoes.
- Sprinkle seasalt over and add some springs of fresh thyme
- Roast in oven until soft, approximately 30-40 min
- Trim the pork tenderloin and salt and pepper all sides of the tenderloin
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of margarine in a skillet and brown the pork tenderloin on all sides.
- Place pork tenderloin in an oven-proof dish, lightly greased. Insert a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the meat.
- Place the pork tenderloin in the oven and roast in the oven until the meat is 65 degrees C (150F), takes about 15-25 minutes.
- Remove and let rest 5 minutes before cutting it up into 2 cm thick slices.
- Cut bacon in smaller pieces and fry it crispy in a frying pan or in the microwave.
- Tip: To best get crispy bacon in a skillet; place bacon in a dry cold frying pan and allow the bacon to heat up with the pan.
- Let bacon drain on folded paper towels to remove excess fat.
- Dived onion in two, peel and slice it.
- Split the apples in halves and take the cores out, and slices them.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of margarine in a skillet. Add onion and apple slices
- Fry, stirring occasionally for 7-10 minutes until onions and apples are tender and caramelized.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the crispy bacon.
Arrange pork slices on a serving platter, add caramelized apples & onions around meat. Garnish with fresh thyme. Serve with roasted small potatoes.
Enjoy your meal!