Grilled Loin Skewers with Ovenbaked Potatoes with Bacon
500 gram bone-free pork loin
One bunch fresh parsley
6 springs of fresh rosemary
2 cloves of garlic
2 Tbsp rapeseed oil or sunflower oil
4 large or 8 small skewers
600 gram potatoes
150 gram bacon
2 yellow onions
2-3 Tbsp of olive oil
2 springs of fresh rosemary
- Cut the meat into cubes about 30×30 mm
- Chop parsley and rosemary finely. (Don’t use the stalks)
- Zest the skin of the lemon and press the garlic
- Add herbs, lemon zest, garlic and oil into a large bowl. Mix.
- Add the meat and using your hands to mix the meat with the rub-mixture.
- Tread the meat onto the skewers.
- If using wooden skewers ensure they are soaked in cold water for at least 1 hour prior to ensemble. This will reduce risk of burning them on the grill.
- Grill the skewers on the outside grill for about 15 minutes until done. The meat should be white and not pink.
Ovenbaked potatoes with bacon
- Heat oven to 225 degrees C (410F)
- Cut bacon into chunks.
- Grease a large oven-proof pan with 1 Tbsp oil and place the bacon in the pan.
- Bake bacon in oven for about 10 minutes so the bacon fat start to release into the pan.
- Peel or brush potatoes
- Slice the potatoes in 10 mm thick slices
- Peel the onion and divide in half. Slice the onion thinly
- Add potatoes, onion slices and oil to the bacon in the pan and stir.
- Bake in oven for about 30 min. Stir occasionally.
- When potatoes are soft. Add the leafs from 2 springs of fresh rosemary and set oven to grill.
- Grill for about 5-10 minutes to give the potatoes, onion and bacon a crisp surface. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn!
Serve with a mixed fresh salad!