Orange flavored Lamb chops
12 lamb chops
2 tsp dry rosemary
4 red or yellow beets
4 medium sized potatoes
1 Tbsp Olive oil
Salt & Pepper
1 Tbsp Margarine or vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 200 degrees C (400 F)
- Peel potatoes, carrots and beets.
- Were plastic (surgical) gloves when peeling beets as they might bleed and discolor your hands.
- Cut carrots on diagonal into slices
- Cut potatoes and beets in slices.
- Place beets, potatoes and carrots in an oven-proof dish. Pour over olive oil and mix to ensure all sides of root vegetables are covered with some oil. Sprinkle some salt and rosemary on top.
- Roast in oven for 20-30 min until potatoes and root vegetables are soft.
- Place lamb chops on a cutting board
- Wash the orange carefully. Use a grater or zester to finely remove the skin off the orange. Make sure none of the white comes with as that will turn bitter
- On each side of the lamb chops, sprinkle salt, pepper, rosemary and orange zest
- Heat a frying pan with margarine or vegetable oil.
- On medium-high temperature fry the lamb chops for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Ensemble plates and serve hot!