Fillet of beef with roasted potatoes, wok carrots and red wine sauce.
I suggest to prepare the food in the order in which the recipes are listed below
Red wine sauce
1 small red onion
1 Tbsp margarine or canola or sunflower oil
200 mL red wine
1 cube meat bullion
200 mL water
1 Tbsp tomato puree
1 teaspoon dried thyme or 6 sprigs fresh thyme
1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Chop the onion finely and fry over medium heat in a saucepan until it softens.
- Add wine, water, bullion cube, tomato puree and thyme.
- Let the sauce cook on low heat until half remains (about 30 min). Stir occasionally.
- Strain the sauce. Thicken with the cornstarch.
- Tip: Keep an eye on the sauce, if you have too much heat the sauce might reduce too much, but you can add more liquid if this happens (beef broth and / or wine).
Roasted fingerling potatoes
600-800 grams of fingerling potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees C (450 F)
- Wash the potatoes and halve the unpeeled potatoes lengthwise and blend them with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes in an ovenproof dish and roast in oven for about 30 minutes until potatoes are soft. Stir a few times over time.
300 g carrots in different colors
1 Tbsp sunflower oil
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp soy sauce
- Wash and peel the carrots.
- Cut them into thin sticks (julienne)
- Recommend that you wait for the next step until it’s time to roast/grill the meat
- Heat oil in a wok-pan or frying pan at regular
- Add carrots and wok for 3-4 minutes, stir regularly
- Remove wok from heat and add honey and soy. Stir and serve.
Roasted / grilled Fillet of beef
4 beef fillet steaks, about 150 grams each, 3 cm thick
1 tbsp margarine
Salt and pepper
- Heat the margarine in a frying or griddle pan
- Add the fillets, sear them for 1 minute on one side, turn them, reduce heat to medium-low
- Grill the fillets for another 2-3 minutes, turn the fillets again and finish for 2-3 minutes. (Longer time for the medium, less time for medium-rare)
- For well-done steaks, grill for about 4-5 minutes per side. Depending on the thickness of the fillets.