Rib-eye (Entrecôte) with Blue cheese sauce and roasted vegetables
4 individual steaks of Rib-eye (Entrecôte), about 2,5-3 cm thick (~1 inch)
1 Tbsp vegetable oil or margarine
150 gram blue cheese
200 mL cooking cream or half-and-half
1 tsp Worcester sauce
4 medium size potatoes
1 red onion
1 red or yellow sweet pepper (paprika)
12 cherry tomatoes
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Sea salt – use flake salt if available
- Heat oven to 225 degrees C (400F).
- Scrub and if desire peel potatoes, carrots and parsnips.
- Cut the root vegetables in equal chunks, about 3×2 cm.
- Cut the onion in wedges and the sweet pepper in big pieces.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, parsnips and onion to an oven-proof dish.
- Pour over the olive oil and mix around so all the vegetables get coated by the oil.
- Sprinkle salt and place the thyme over the vegetables.
- Place in oven and roast for 20 min. Stirring once or twice to get them even browned.
- After 20 min take the dish out of oven, stir and add the cherry tomatoes.
- Place the veggies back into oven and finish for 10 min. Use a tooth pick or testing pin to ensure the root vegetables are soft.
- In a sauce pan heat up cream. Cream should be hot but not boiling.
- Reduce to low heat and add the blue cheese. Let the cheese melt in the hot cream.
- Add the Worcester sauce and mix.
- If you do the sauce before the vegetables are done, the sauce can be re-heated just before serving.
- Heat up the oil or melt the margarine in a hot skillet.
- Add the meat to the hot skillet and brown for 2 min. Flip the meat over and reduce heat to medium and finish for 2-3 min. This will make a medium to medium rare steak, depending on the thickness of the meat.
- If you want a well-done steak, flip the meat over once more and finish for about 2-4 min.
Place the steaks on the individual plates and serve with the sauce and root vegetables.