Cannelloni with chicken, zucchini and mushrooms
One package of fresh lasagna sheets, about 300 grams
200 gram skin and boneless chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins
1 small yellow onion
1 green zucchini
100 gram white mushrooms, champignons
1 +1 tablespoons of soft or liquid margarine or vegetable oil
1 can of low-sodium chopped tomatoes
200 milliliter cooking cream or creme fraich
200 milliliter shredded mozzarella
Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (400F)
- Cut chicken in small pieces
- Peel and mince onion. (Note you will add half to the tomato sauce and half to the chicken)
- Wash zucchini and cut in small pieces
- Brush mushrooms clean and chop in small pieces
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of margarine in a skillet.
- Add chicken and fry until chicken is done, about 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer chicken to a bowl.
- Add zucchini and mushrooms to the skillet and half of the chopped onions
- Fry in the frying pan for about 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Stir regularly.
- Mix with chicken and let the mixture cool down for about 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan add tomatoes, cooking cream and the second half of the chopped onions
- Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes to allow onions to get soft.
- Turn off the heat and leave the sauce for rest for 5 minutes.
- Chop a handful of fresh basil leaves and add to the sauce.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture to each lasagna sheet.
- You fill it in a string along the top of one of the long-sides, and then roll it to the other side so the filling stays in the middle.
- Roll up and place in a greased pan with the opening at the bottom
- Continue with the rest of the sheets. Lay the rolls close to each other in the pan
- When all rolls, are done, pour the tomato sauce over and add the shredded mozzarella on top.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes
- Note: Check your lasagna package as cooking time can differ
- Take out and let cool for 5 minutes before serving as the tomato sauces will be very hot.
Tip! You can exchange the chicken breast for ground chicken or turkey. Or with quorn for a vegetarian alternative.
Note: In some cases the lasagna plates come as one whole length so you might have to cut them. You need sheets that are about 100-120 millimeters long.
Enjoy your meal!