Ginger marinated Chicken Skewers
600 grams of chicken breast, bone and skinless
1 piece of fresh ginger, about the size of your thumb
2 cloves of garlic
1 red chili or a pinch of red chili flakes
3 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp sunflower oil
1 tsp sesame oil
6-8 baby bok choy
4 servings of rice, prepare according to package
- Peel ginger and garlic.
- Finely chop ginger,garlic and chili.
- Slice each chicken breast length wise into 3-4 slices
- Place chicken in marinade and mix.
- Let marinate in the fridge for at least an hour
- Heat oven to 225 degrees C (450 F)
- Thread chicken onto skewers
- Place the skewers on a lightly greased roasting pan
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes
Baby Bok Choy
- Bring water to a boil in a large sauce pan, and reduce heat to simmer
- Cut the bok choy heads in halves and wash. Discard any leaves that doesn’t look good
- Place half of the bok choy into the simmering water and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Use a tong to pick up the bok choy and place in a colander
- Repeat with the rest of the bok choy
- Place bok choy on a large serving plate
1 Tbsp brown sugar
50 ml of soy sauce
1 Tbsp water
Juice from one lime
1 small pinch of chili flakes
- In a small sauce pan add all ingredients
- Heat up to melt sugar, and simmer for 15 minutes to reduce sauce
- Cool and serve.
Serve chicken skewers, rice and bok choy with sauce, chopped cashews, slices of lime, and finely slices of spring onions.