Chicken thighs with root vegetables and onions
8 chicken thighs, with skin and bones
2 yellow onions
200 mL white dry wine
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp dried rosemary
Salt & Pepper
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper
- Peel the vegetables and cut them in chunks
- Layer the chicken and vegetables in in a large dutch oven with lid
- Pour over the wine and olive oil and sprinkle rosemary on top
- Cover pot with the lid and put into cold oven
- Turn oven to 175 degrees C (350F) and cook the pot for 60 minutes in the oven
- Remove the lid and cook for another 20 minutes in the oven. This will give the dish a nice browning on top.
- You can check that the chicken is cooked by inserting the tip of a knife close to the bone. The meat should come off easily from the bone and the liquid from the chicken should be clear.
Enjoy your meal!