Baked chicken with sweet potatoes
4 chicken legs (or 4 drumsticks and 4 thigh pieces)
4 sweet potatoes
1 large or 2 small onions
2 Tbsp olive oil
4-5 strings of fresh thyme
150 mL chicken stock
Salt & Pepper
200 ml plain Greek or other thick yogurt
2 Tbsp Mango Chutney
- Heat oven to 200 degrees C (400 F)
- Peel sweet potatoes and onion and cut in big chunks.
- Place chicken, sweet potatoes and onions in an oven-proof dish or roasting pan
- Pour over the olive oil and sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper
- Pour the chicken stock on side of chicken and vegetables just to cover the bottom of pan
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes until sweet potatoes are soft and the liquid from chicken is clear.
- Mix yogurt with Mango Chutney and let the sauce rest in fridge until chicken and vegetables are done.
- Serve chicken, vegetables with sauce and a mixed salad!
Tip: You can also add other root vegetables such as carrots and parsnip.