Baked trout with cauliflower puree
4 small or 2 large fresh trout, gutted but with heads left
1 small bunch fresh rosemary
1 small bunch fresh thyme
50 g butter room temperature
Salt & pepper
1 small head of cauliflower
4 white potatoes
200 milliliter of 2% milk
100 milliliter cooking cream 15%
Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C (400 F)
- Rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towels
- Make two cuts over each fish’s spine
- Clean skin of lemon, split in two and slice into ½ cm thick slices
- Remove the rosemary and thyme leaves from the tough stems. Chop the leaves and mix with butter
- Season fish inside and out with salt and pepper
- Tuck the lemon slices inside the fish and together with the herb butter
- Place fish in a greased oven proof dish or roasting pan, and bake them in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes. Test with a sharp knife, the meat comes off easily.
- Peel and boil the potatoes in water until soft, about 20 min
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces, remove the tough stem
- Place cauliflower in a saucepan, pour in the milk and cream, ensure the liquid almost cover cauliflower.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium and simmer until cauliflower is soft, about 15 minutes.
- With a hand blender mix cauliflower smooth with the liquid and season with salt.
- Press the potatoes with a potato presser, and mix with the pureed cauliflower, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve trout with cauliflower puree and sugar peas.
Enjoy your meal!