Salmon with mango salsa
4 portion fillets of salmon, about 120 gram each
2 large mangos
1 red chili pepper
1 bunch fresh coriander (cilantro)
5 spring onions
- Heat oven to 200 degrees C (400 F)
- Place salmon in a lightly greased oven-proof dish
- Season with salt and pepper
- Bake in oven for about 10 minutes, until salmon is flaky
- Cut mango-meat into small pieces and add to a bowl
- Chop the chili finely and add to mango
- Chop coriander (cilantro) and cut spring onions finely and add to the bowl
- Grate finely the zest of the lime and place in the bowl
- Cut the lime in two and squeeze the lime juice over the other ingredients
- Stir and chill until salmon is done.
Serve the salmon and mango salsa with some fresh baked breads!
Tip! As chili can stay on the hands for some time I always were plastic (surgical) gloves. This is especially important if you like me use contacts!