Halibut in a package
4 steaks of halibut, about 120-150 gram each
Juice from 2 limes
1 tsp ground cumin
1 red onion
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow squash
1 small bunch of fresh cilantro (coriander)
4 Tbsp dry white wine or vegetable stock
Vegetable oil or liquid margarine
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees C (400 F)
- Slice onion and squash in thinly slices
- Cut the pepper into julienne slices
- Combine lime juice, cumin and salt in a small bowl. Add fish and marinate for 5 minutes.
Note: The lime juice will start to “cook” the fish therefore do not marinate longer than 5 min!
- Tear out 4 pieces of aluminum foil, about 300×400 mm (11 in x 15 in) each
- Grease the dull side of the foil with oil or liquid margarine. (If your aluminum foil is shiny on both side you can grease any side)
- Divide the veggies over the 4 sheets of foil and place the fish on top of the veggies.
- Bend up all 4 sides of the foil and pour in 1 Tbsp of wine or stock on top of fish
- Garnish fish with the cilantro (coriander)
- Bring two opposite sides of the foil together and fold them on top
- Take one of the open sides and fold the edge towards the top to seal and then do the same on the other side.
- Place the packages in an oven-proof dish. Ensure the folded openings are at top as this will ensure the lovely juice stays within the package.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes
- Open the packages and transfer the dish to individual dinner plates.
Note: Be careful when you open the packages as hot steam will come out!
- Ensure that all the nice juices gets over to the plates as well!
- Serve with boiled new potatoes or fingerling potatoes
Tip! This dish can also be done on an outdoor grill.