Grilled chicken with bulgur salad
4 chicken legs (thighs and drumstick)
1 Tbsp of rapeseed/sunflower oil
1 tsp of honey
1 tsp of soy sauce
1 pinch dry ground paprika
1 clove of pressed garlic
Salt & Pepper
200 ml of bulgur
20 cherry tomatoes in different colors
½ red onion
Small bunch of basil leaves
2 Tbsp of olive oil
2 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- Heat oven to 200 degrees C (400F)
- Mix oil, honey, soy sauce, paprika and garlic.
- Brush the chicken thighs with the marinade
- Place chicken thighs on a greased roasting pan
- Go over with sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Place in oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until they are done.
- Meat should easy loosen from bone and all liquid be clear. You can insert the tip of a knife into the thickest part of the thigh and check if the juice from the chicken is clear.
- Cook the bulgur according to the package (use 1 chicken bouillon cube instead of salt for more flavor)
- Let it rest and cool down some
- Divide the tomatoes in halves
- Divide the apple and take out the core. Slice and dice apple.
- Chop onion and basil finely
- Carefully blend bulgur with tomatoes, apple and onion
- Mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar and pour over bulgur salad
- Go over with some sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Mix carefully!
Serve bulgur salad to the chicken thighs and mixed greens!
Tip! If you are short of time buy a ready-to-eat rotisserie chicken in the grocery store or at the butcher.