Chicken pot with zucchini
8-12 chicken thighs, with skin and bones
2 zucchini, one yellow and one green
1 yellow onion
1 red onion
4 cloves of garlic
1 lemon (make sure it is ripe)
20 kalamata olives
200 mL white dry wine
200 mL water
4-6 sprigs of fresh thyme
Salt & Pepper
Bulgur for 4 portions
4-6 spring onions
- Wash zucchini and lemon, and peel onions and garlic cloves
- Cut the zucchini, onion and lemon in large pieces.
- Layer the chicken, vegetables, olives and garlic cloves in a large dutch oven with lid
- Pour the wine and water over
- Add thyme sprigs on top and go over with salt and pepper
- Cover pot with the lid and put into cold oven
- Turn oven to 175 degrees C (350F) and cook the pot for 90 minutes in the oven
- Remove the lid and cook for another 20 minutes in the oven. This will give the dish a good browning on top.
- You can check that the chicken is cooked by inserting the tip of a knife close to the bone. The meat should come off easily from the bone and the liquid from the chicken should be clear.
- Cook the bulgur according to the instructions on pack
- Split pomegranate and squeeze out the seeds
- NOTE! It splashes so do it down in the sink and make sure you are wearing an apron
- Cut the spring onions in thin slices
- Mix pomegranate seeds, spring onion with bulgur
- Serve bulgur salad with chicken pot and a mixed salad!
Enjoy your meal!