Grilled Sea bass with beets au gratin
600 gram of sea bass
6-8 yellow beets (if you can’t find yellow pick another color)
100 gram creamy goat cheese- chèvrestyle
1 tsp of rapeseed/sunflower oil
Salt & Pepper
500 mL water
1 beef bouillon cube
400 mL of redwine
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Leaves from 2 stems of Rosemary
½ chili chopped
1-2 tsp honey
- Start with the sauce as it takes some time:
- Pour water, red wine and bouillon in a sauce pan.
- Give it a boil and reduce heat to simmer. And simmer the sauce to about half. This takes about 30 minutes
- Add vinegar, rosemary and chili and continue to simmer until it is again reduced to half, about 20 minutes.
- Taste and add honey until desired sweet taste.
- Just before serving strain the sauce.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees C (450F).
- Wash the beets and boil for 20-30 minutes until they are soft.
- Rinse in cold water and peel them.
- The peel easy gets off the beet by just rubbing them with your hands.
- Cut beets in slices and place in a greased oven proof dish.
- Cut or rip the cheese in pieces and sprinkle over the beets
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes. The cheese should start to bubble brown.
- Sprinkle sea bass with sea salt and pepper from the pepper mill
- Heat up liquid margarine or oil in a frying pan
- Add fish and fry on hot heat for 1 minute
- Turn fish and reduce heat to medium-low and fry fish for about 3 minutes.
- Turn fish again and finish for another 3-4 minutes.
- Note the time for fish will depend of thickness. This is for fish that is about 1 inch thick.
- The fish should easy separate (flake) and meat be white when done.
Serve fish with beets and sauce.