Steamed Sea bass with Pancetta
600 gram of sea bass
150 gram of pancetta
200 gram of fresh baby spinach
1 tsp of rapeseed/sunflower oil or liquid margarine
- Cut pancetta into small pieces and add to a cold dry non-stick frying pan
- Heat up the frying pan with pancetta in, and turn the heat to medium.
- While stirring occasionally cook the pancetta until crispy, about 5-7 min
- Transfer the pancetta to a paper towel and let the paper soak up the access fat from the pancetta
- In a larger sauce pan bring about an inch of water to a boil.
- Place the steamer insert into the pan. Ensure that no water is on top of steamer. Place the fish on the steamer insert
- Steam fish until done, for about 5-7 min depending on thickness. The fish will turn from opaque to white and flaky.
- Meanwhile heat up oil in a frying pan and add the spinach.
- Sautee the spinach on medium heat
- Place spinach on individual dinner plates and place fish on top of spinach, and garnish with the crispy pancetta bits. nGo over with pepper mill
- Serve with lemon wedges and just boiled fingerling or new potatoes.