Orange marinated salmon with roasted root vegetables
300 grams of salmon fillets
2 teaspoons sea salt flakes or 1 tsp table salt
1 tablespoons sugar
Zest of one orange
1 tablespoons margarine, preferable liquid margarine
- Set the oven to 200 degrees C (400 F).
- Mix salt, sugar and orange peel.
- Rub the salmon with the mixture and marinate them on a tray in the fridge for one hour.
- Remove the salmon and scrape off the salt and sugar that is on the surface of the fillets otherwise the fish will become too salty.
- Cut the salmon into two portions and broil them quickly in margarine in a hot skillet.
- Squeeze over a little orange juice. And go over a few times with the pepper mill
- Bake the salmon in the oven for additional 5 -7 minutes until the salmon is done.
- Serve with roasted root vegetables
Roasted root vegetables
2 medium sized potatoes
½ little turnip
1 tablespoon olive oil
Fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Wash and peel the root vegetables, cut them into pieces / wedges about 3X3 cm sized
- Put them in an ovenproof dish
- Pour over the oil and mix around
- Sprinkle with thyme and sea salt flakes
- Roast at 200 degrees C for 20-30 minutes, stirring the veggies 2-3 times during cooking.
- By feel, use a stick or toothpick to test the veggies are soft and done.