Butter beans called so for their delicate and kind of “buttery” taste. Also known as lima beans. This is an easy to make bean dish made with large butter beans that makes a terrific vegetarian dish.
Marinate the large butter beans in a dressing with garlic and parsley. It is ideally to make in advance as it just get better when marinated for a couple of hours or over night.
1 can of cooked large butter beans
3 cloves of garlic
1 small bunch of flat leave parsley (Italian parsley)
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp of oregano
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Open can of beans and rinse the beans under cold water. Set to side to drain in a strainer.
- Finely chop garlic and parsley.
- In a bowl vigorously mix oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, pepper and mustard to form a vinaigrette.
- Add in garlic, parsley and beans and fold together in the vinaigrette. Be gentle to ensure you do not break the beans.
- Let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, mix now and then.
- Serve as a side dish, or add to a salad or with just some bread as an appetizer.
Remember Life is too short to not eat and drink well!