Long weekend here in USA: Labor-day weekend and weekend is for brunch time! If you are looking for something different to serve with eggs this weekend, then look no further! This hash of sausage and bacon with brussels sprouts make a perfect pairing to any eggs!
And this comes from a person who used to not like brussels sprouts at all! In Sweden we traditional boil brussels sprouts and I think the smell more than the taste was that got to me. Frying brussels sprouts and mixing with bacon (yes everything taste better with bacon) and Italian sausage – yummy, yummy!
100 gram fresh raw brussels sprouts
1 small yellow onion
2 slices of bacon
1 Italian sausages / salsiccia
- Slice brussels sprouts thinly and chop onion finely
- Cut 2 slices of bacon into small pieces
- Take the skin off the sausage and cut into pieces
- Heat up a skillet to hot and add bacon and fry the bacon
- Add the brussels sprouts, onions and sausage
- Fry until sausage is fully cooked, about 3-4 minutes
- Stir continuously to ensure they are not burning
- Serve with eggs any style
I don’t add any extra fat to the pan for frying as both the bacon and the sausage release enough fat to fry in.
Remember Life is too short to not eat and drink well!