Today I’ll not give you a Friday dinner tip as many of us are busy with the holiday season. Instead here come a little treat!
During this time of the year we have lots of holiday parties and to our glögg we often serve small bites. Mixing sweet with salty is really the way to go to our glögg. Ginger snaps (pepparkaka) with Gorgonzola or another soft blue cheese is very often served.
My very good friends Micke gave me a variant on this traditional glögg snack- Roasted Gingerbread with Gorgonzola and Parmesan sail!
- Set oven to 175 C (350F)
- Grate fresh Parmesan finely, about 200 ml
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Place about 1 teaspoon of grated Parmesan in a small square on the paper and repeat to make 20-25 sails
- Place in oven for about 5-7 min to let Parmesan melt. Watch carefully so they don’t burn!
- Let cool. The will get hard once they are cold.
- Cut the soft gingerbread (mjuk pepparkaka) in slices.
- Set oven on grill and roast for 2-4 minutes. Keep close watch as the step between roasted and burn goes quickly!
- Soften Gorgonzola in room temperature and mix it with a spoon to make it even softer.
- Place a small dollop of Gorgonzola on top of each roasted gingerbread.
- Garnish with Parmesan sail.
I will honestly admit that I didn’t want to make a soft gingerbread or had easy access to one in the grocery store so this time I actually bought 2 slices of Starbucks Gingerbread and managed to get out about 20 pieces.
Remember Life is too short to not eat and drink well!